Burton Agnes Parish Council

Built between 1598 and 1610 by Sir Henry Griffith, Burton Agnes Hall is an Elizabethan stately home.   Fifteen generations have filled the Hall with treasures, from magnificent carvings commissioned when the Hall was built to French Impressionist paintings, contemporary furniture, tapestries and other modern artwork in recent years.  It is surrounded by beautiful grounds.

Simon Jenkins, author of England's Thousand Best Houses, described Burton Agnes Hall as ‘the perfect English house’ and as one of the twenty best English houses alongside Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and Chatsworth House.

For details of the Hall, opening times and events please click below


Burton Agnes is home to the Manor House, a Grade 1 listed building under the guardianship of English Heritage.  It is located beside Burton Agnes Hall and is open to the public daily April to October from 11am to 5pm and is free of charge.

For more details click: